Common Problems with Your TV Set
Presented by a TV & Appliance Repair Expert
If your TV suddenly lost its picture or sound, it is time to call a TV & appliance repair professional to take care of it. It is advisable not to try to fix that device yourself, as it is very complex. What are the most common problems with a TV?
- Picture is OK, no or low sound. A technician will inspect your remote control. If it is working properly, he will check if the audio cable is plugged well into the socket. Additionally, he will check your main menu – if you switched off the internal speakers by mistake.
- Sound is OK, no or disturbed picture, or bad color. If you use a cable box or satellite receiver, a mechanic will check if they are properly connected at both ends. Also, he will look at your TV and see if it’s set to the correct channel.
- Vertical line in the center of the TV screen. If you call an expert, the first thing he will do is check if you have a loose wire or a single bad channel. Another culprit could be dead TV pixels.
- Horizontal line in the center of the TV screen. It has similar causes but if the line is moving up and down, the issue could be bad input quality and it might be repaired by replacing the cable box.
- No TV power. Either the cable is unplugged from the socket, power strips have been switched off, or the circuit breaker has tripped.
- Bowed picture. It is usually caused by a faulty circuit or bad fuses. A technician will come and repair this sort of issue.
- TV crackles or emits a bad electrical odor. The most well-known reason for that problem is cathode ray-tube failure. High voltage leads to minor crackle sounds and the unpleasant smell is most probably caused by burning insulation inside your TV set.
Choose KBM TV and Appliance of Port Orchard for your high-quality TV & appliance repair. We are based in the Port Orchard, WA area.